Thursday, August 29, 2013

The School

School for SYA - Italy is located 1 floor below me, the corner of Via Cavour and Via Annio.  I love my commute!!  Below are pictures of the school, my classroom in particular, and picture of the faculty/administration out to lunch at the local pizzeria around the corner from the school,  called Taverna Etrusca.

And while school has not yet begun, there have been several meetings with Pat, the SYA director in Italy, and the rest of the administration and faculty, to get ready for the kids, who arrive on Saturday.  I'm very much looking forward to that!  The other "thing" we're gearing up for is La Festa di Santa Rosa, a holiday in honor of Viterbo's patron saint, which occurs Tuesday, September 3.

Still my biggest hurdle right now is getting on Italy time.  This is, by far, the longest it has ever taken me to get on local time when flying overseas.  I don't know exactly what the problem is but I've decided to remove all espresso drinking from my "morning" (more like afternoon) routine until I can wake up at a reasonable hour!  This too shall pass.

One of the common areas
where students can study
and/or just hang out.
The computer room.  SYA used to
have more, but nowadays most
students bring their own laptops
.


My classroom


Faculty workroom.  My
desk is the first one on the left.
An outdoor terrace for
students to hang out
in between classes

Standing (Left to Right):
Danielle (Italian Teacher),
Dave (ActivitiesCoordinator),
Sitting: Brad (English Teacher)
A common area outside for
students and faculty.  The terrace
backs up to La Taverna Etrusca,
a pizzeria ristorante.  The aroma
at lunchtime is unbelievable!


Faculty and Administrators at
La Taverna Etrusca, signifying
the end of our admin meetings
before students arrive.
My mug shot for the
faculty page on the SYA
website.

No comments:

Post a Comment