Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Apartment

I made my first espresso today.
Of course I doctored it with milk
and sugar, as I'm not quite ready
to go to "the other side"
just yet (lol)!
I think I'll let the picture captions do most of the talking.  Let's just say that I won't feel cramped while in Viterbo!  The place has it's quirks but, hey, the building is over 500 years old!  There's no air conditioning but because the place is so solidly built, I don't find that it gets too hot in the place.

The apartment comes equipped with most of the regular amenities one might have in their own place back in The States including, TV, microwave oven, fans, pots/pans, kitchen utensils, bedding, towels, iron & ironing board, internet, telephone, etc.  You get the idea. It's very spacious and it will be easy to call this place home for the next year.
The front door opens up into a salon, which leads to my
bedroom (in the picture at left) and the living room
(not in the picture at right)
Living Room with working stone fireplace (see far right)
The Original spiral staircase
(built in the 1500s) 
leads up to the
guest bedroom and
bathroom.
The downstairs bathroom
Guest Bathroom
My very spacious bedroom!
The guest bedroom.  Yes, there is
a double AND a twin bed in there!

The Kitchen
A view of Via Cavour from my kitchen window.
The steps lead to Via Saffi, which leads to the
Corso Italia, one of the main thoroughfares 
inside the wall of Viterbo.





A view through the sky window in
the guest bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment